Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Friend, George

My friend, George, arrived at Ekisa just after I did.
My friend, George, was sent to me by my loving heavenly Father who knew I needed
          a good friend to weather those first couple months with.
My friend, George, kept me from completely losing my mind.

My friend, George, was my bunk mate and travel buddy.
We went to Kabale & Rwanda, explored Bujagali & Galama and spent endless hours walking
          around town.
My friend, George, was always up for an adventure.

My friend, George, is quiet when you first meet her…but just give her some time.
My friend, George, has a fantastic sense of humour and just the right amount of weirdness.
My friend, George, has a great laugh.

My friend, George, has been a constant companion, encouraging and supportive,
My friend, George, listened so graciously to all my ranting and rambling.
My friend, George, understands hardship, empathized with mine and comforted me
          without judgment.

My friend, George, has more strength and more courage than she gives herself credit for.
My friend, George, loves in her own way, but loves well.
My friend, George, is one of the most caring people I know.

My friend, George, has gone home to England.
I will miss her talks, whether a heart to heart or just a few words spoken in a whisper at
          night from our bunks…
- “George, I smell kaka…”, “So do I…”, Ok, good…” –
I will miss her popping her head up from below my bunk just to say “hi”.
I will miss so many things, but most of all, I will miss…
My friend, George.



1 comment:

Angela said...

A very special and life long friend indeed. Glad God brought into your life when he did. What another sign of God's faithfulness. God bless.
Love Angela