Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Round Two


I never would have thought my first few weeks would have been such a whirlwind. Let`s see…I`ve already been to Kampala three times, bought a German Shepard puppy and almost killed said puppy due to a whole day and night of incessant yelping, I`ve made a midnight trip to Al-Shafa hospital with my roommate Kate and our night guard after he called Kate to say he was having bad chest pain (He`s fine, fyi) and I even bought a scooter in Kampala. I`ve also started work at Ekisa, settled into my new home (pictures to come once the finishing touches are done on my room), started growing herbs, planted some things in the garden, stocked the pantry, spent way too much money dining in town with old and new friends…I could go on.

It hasn’t been what I expected coming back; harder in some ways, easier in others. It was a lot harder to say goodbye this time around but I suppose that makes sense given the more indefinite length of my time here. At this point, though, it feels like I never left and I suppose that's a huge blessing. My house feels like a home now, friendships have picked up exactly where they left off and this town is exactly how I left it. I am happy; utterly and completely. Don’t get me wrong, we are not without our issues and struggles here but, at this point, joy trumps.

I realize this is short and sweet, but I figured I needed to post something before I hit March. Sometime in the next week, I’ll get some pictures up of the house and my scooter…I promise. J


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great post! Love you, Stacy, and super glad to hear about how you're doing!
-Jen

Angela said...

So glad to hear from you and so glad things are going well. Looking forward to the pictures.
Angela