Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Made It!

I've literally just arrived at the orphanage and have been given a minute to let people know I've made it safetly, so this will be quick.

Second big NON-surprise of this trip: My luggage didn't make it to Port-Au-Prince. Again, kind of expected it, not sure why though. I will hopefully have it in my possession tomorrow as James will be back at the airport and has offered to pick it up for me if it's there.

I can't even begin to describe this place, it would take far too long, so I'll save that for later. All I can say is that I'm under a spell. I love it here. It's colors, it's smells, the people, the streets; I feel frighteningly at home considering the length of time I've been here.

I'm off now for a much anticipated tour of the orphanage...

5 comments:

afterthoughtcomposer said...

:) YAY!!! So good to hear you've arrived safely! Well I miss you already! And considering that amount of time you've been gone... :)

Bglad said...

I pictured you being there for like 2 mins when you realized it felt like home! Your already walking around in your ginch aren't you!! ha ha

Love you! So good to hear how your doing right away! Your loved, missed, prayed for and laughed at..I mean laughed with!

afterthoughtcomposer said...

no, she means "at"... :)

mary said...

So glad you made it safe and sound, Stace. Hope you luggage follows close on your heels. Hmm, who was it that suggested that maybe you should take some things on carry-on, just in case? I think it was the momma.

Amanda Quiring said...

So glad you arrived safely! Looking forward to more updates when you have time... from what I've heard, orphanage work isn't so conducive to blogging, but I hope you find time!