Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Where He leads me, I will follow...

Side note; for those who followed this last time, I do apologize that I didn't stay true to my word and continue with stories from Ireland and Scotland. Those stories remain untyped, hidden away in one of my travel journals. Maybe one day I'll get to it.

Now onto why I've dusted off the old blog. For those of you who I don't see on a regular basis, this may be the first you've heard of my pending travels, so I'll sum it up for you: On July 26th I will be leaving on a plane to Haiti where I will be staying/working at an orphanage called God's Littlest Angels, until August 19th. From there I will be flying to Cuba where I will be met by a good friend of mine, Bonnie Gladman:


God bless 'er...

We'll be spending the first week in Havana checking out the sites and spending time with a church community there that Bonnie has come to know through a couple previous trips. I hear there will be a lot of eating, a little dancing and numerous impromptu jam sessions; sounds good to me. The second week will be spent at an all-inclusive in Veradero called Iberostar. I've never done the all-inclusive thing before (or a tropical vacation of any kind for that matter) so this is something I am very much looking forward to.

What are we to expect of this blog? I haven't a clue. Although in some regards I know what to expect of this trip, for the most part, I have no idea what I've gotten myself into. But I do know one thing, and that is that I am absolutely thrilled and brimming with anticipation to find out.

So good riddance North America, it's about time we spent some time apart.

10 comments:

Angela said...

Glad you're doing this again Stacy. I look forward to reading all about what God has in store for you and the adventures you find yourself on. Safe travels and blessings.
Love Angela

Edwin Kehler said...

I'll sign up as one of your real friends.

Kristen Heatley said...

Looking forward to more craziness of Stacy's adventures posted here!

Sherri Piechnik said...

I'm subscribing so I don't miss any of your posts! Have a fabulous trip. I know that God will bless those little angels through you!

Elise said...

Yeah, I totally clicked 'follow this blog.' i think that earns me bonus points! God bless as you head off Stace!

Unknown said...

Ooooh Stacy..! Can you stow me away in your luggage? I suppose I would be about 150 lbs over the weight limit..darnit. Maybe next time, when I can actually get time off from work..!

Those kids are gonna be so blessed by your presence there, and I pray that God will shine his light through you, and that His Spirit will guide yours to those specific kids that really need his love known in their lives.

As to your other travels and vacationing, I hope you have a fantabulous time!

-Karl

Dayton said...

Hey stace, you should make the children some Chinese food, then take them to DQ after...do they have DQ?? ...whatever, you can make ice cream.

Gonna miss you.

Bonnie said...

Wow, Stacy D.....Good thing I love you lots!!! 23 Days my friend and I will meet you in the Streets of Havana....Dios le bendice seƱora...get ready for sweaty double kisses and marriage proposals.....I'll be praying for yah!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacy,

Glad to hear you are living life well!!! Envious of the orphanage experience. Curt and I were in Cuba last year. Totally loved the beaches, lost weight on the food, but fell completely in love with their fresh croissants every morning. Try them early...I ate like 10 every morning and still lost weight!

Can't wait to hear about it!

Amy

Eldon McBride said...

We'll be praying for you while you're away. Have fun, keep well, and shine your light!